Protective Action Area Map Templates
- Item type: Planning Templates
- Date Posted: 04 December 2017
- Source: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Protective Action Area Map Templates offer a starting point for state, local and tribal governments to provide protective action guidance quickly to a population in a specific geographical area during a radiological or nuclear emergency.
Each template provides:
- Space to insert a map that highlights the area where an action is needed.
- Space to insert a state or local agency logo and contact information.
- Tested and pre-approved messages that convey quickly and clearly the action needed.
These templates were created by a group that included members from the FEMA- and EPA-led Nuclear/Radiological Communications Working Group and the Interagency Modeling and Atmospheric Assessment Center Working Group. The templates have been reviewed and approved by the federal Advisory Team for Environment, Food and Health.
Go to Content