NARR seeks to address the problems of limited visibility for radiation preparedness, confusion about roles and responsibilities in a radiological incident among partners, and the need for robust tools for practitioners in the field.
To address these problems, NARR builds radiological emergency preparedness, response and recovery capacity and capabilities by:
- Sharing resources and tools, including technical methods and information
- Identifying and disseminating best practices
- Educating government agencies and officials about their roles in radiological emergencies
- Establishing performance measures and guidelines
- Building and sustaining long-term competencies