Enhancing Personal Readiness and Resilience for Radiation Disasters
- Item type: Webinars and Training
- Date Posted: 14 November 2011
- Source: American Medical Association Center for Public Health Preparedness and Disaster Response
This instructor-led course seeks to empower individuals by providing the information and skills they need to protect their health and safety in a radiation event. Informed individuals are better able to understand their personal responsibilities (eg, to self-decontaminate and to listen for direction from public health and medical personnel). They know where to turn for up-to-date information about an evolving incident and when and where to seek medical attention; and have the means to take action to help others in need of assistance.
This presentation is accompanied by a Facilitator’s Guide and Evaluation Form to support the presentation to community groups and a Citizen Guide as resource. These documents are a suite of tools developed by the American Medical Association Center for Public Health Preparedness and Disaster Response to support physicians and their patients in improving readiness and resilience related to radiological emergencies.
- Prepare for the Unthinkable: Enhancing Citizen Preparedness for a Radiation Disaster [Facilitator’s Guide]
- Enhancing Personal Readiness and Resilience for Radiation Disasters: A Guide for all Citizens [Primer]
- Evaluation Form