At Salt Lake City, Utah
AHLS for Radiological Incidents and Terrorism
A training course offered by the Radiation Injury Treatment Network (RITN)
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM MST
Advanced Hazmat Life Support (AHLS) for Radiological Incidents and Terrorism is a 4 hour course with interactive lectures and tabletop exercises that trains healthcare professionals to evaluate and care for irradiated and radiologically contaminated patients.
The course will help participants be better prepared to:
- Evaluate and manage patients who are externally and internally contaminated with radioactive materials or who are exposed to ionizing radiation without contamination.
- Identify the four subsyndromes of acute radiation syndrome.
- Use colony stimulating factors, such as filgrastim, pegfilgrastim, and sargramostim to treat patients with acute radiation syndrome.
- Use calcium DTPA and zinc DTPA as antidotes or countermeasures for internal contamination with plutonium, americium, or curium.
- Use Prussian blue as the antidote for internal contamination with cesium or thallium.
- Use potassium iodide as the antidote for internal contamination with radioactive iodine.
The course fee is $50.