At Aniston, AL
Advanced Radiological Incident Operations (ARIO PER-905)
A training course offered by the Center for Domestic Preparedness
April 23-29, 2017
The Advanced Radiological Incident Operations course is a five-day course that provides participants with the advanced skills necessary to safely respond to and manage incidents involving radiological hazards. Participants apply these skills in tabletop exercises based on realistic radiological incident scenarios, set within the Incident Command System structure.
Below are some, but not all, of the critical skill sets learned during this training program.
- Identify radiological terms, hazards, methods of protection, and the physiological effects of radiation.
- Describe advanced radiological concepts, including radiological hazards, methods of protection, and the physiological effects of radiation.
- Select the appropriate radiation detection instruments in response to a radiological incident.
- Describe the potential hazards at a commercial nuclear power plant incident.
- Develop an incident action plan for a radiological incident in accordance with the National Incident Management System.